Thursday, November 19, 2015

Telling Others That He's Going To Die

So he posted on his social media account that he's sort of about to take his life. And common friends started sending me messages, showing concerns, and asking me if he's fine. I really don't know how to respond to them as I am having mixed emotions. I am happy, angry, and confused.
He sent me a message, saying that he's thankful for everything that I've done for him until we meet again. I didn't respond. Instead, I posted my thoughts on the reasons for depression, and these are: hunger, lack of exercise, lack of prayers, and lack of activities. I also included in my post a plead to leave us (his friends) alone with his drama, telling him that we too have problems in life and that he should go to a doctor or to church.
I am not an expert to give him an advice and I really don't want to do anything about his death (if it happens). I don't want to look like I don't care, but knowing him, it feels like he just needs some attention. I am not taking part on his agenda.
There are a lot of less fortunate people who have more reasons to be depressed. They don't have social media accounts to show their drama to the world. They have good reasons to live despite of whatever bad situations they are encountering.
The only thing I can do is to pray for him and to all depressed people.

No comments:

Post a Comment